Rachel Parker joined the team at Flaherty & Hood in 2022. As a human resources analyst for Flaherty & Hood, Rachel Parker does the research, analyzes, and supports clients with their special requests, current developments, and proposals. Specifically, she provides the following services:
- Job Analysis: Reviewing job classification systems, conducting incumbent and supervisor interviews, preparing and analyzing job questionnaires, observing jobs, drafting job descriptions, and determining FLSA status and ADA requirements
- Job Evaluation: Preparing comparisons of jobs to determine the appropriate pay rate and job worth, and establishing comparisons using internal and external methods
- Compensation: Identifying market entities and sources utilizing statistical analysis; conducting market surveys and analyzing market data; drafting classification and compensation systems; establishing pay structures and compensation packages; providing training and user-friendly electronic documents to implement, maintain and update job descriptions, job evaluation, and compensation; giving presentations to city councils, management, employees, and union groups virtually or in-person
- Pay Equity: Reviewing, analyzing, and recommending changes to ensure legal compliance; preparing pay equity reports for the state; advising on contested matters involving legal compliance
- Organizational: Provide direction and alignment of the city as a whole, individual departments, employees and services they provide; work flow processes and organizational structure; workforce staffing, productivity and retention; workplace environment
Prior to joining Flaherty & Hood, Rachel worked in human resources and marketing. She’s proud to use her experiences to grow with the Flaherty & Hood’s team and clients.
Rachel was born in New York, so she has spent most of her life between the Big Apple and the Twin Cities. She currently lives in Brooklyn Center where she spends her days being a mother and staying active. Her hobbies include being an eyelash technician, traveling, nice meals, skating, and dancing to good music.