Flaherty & Hood, P.A., a law firm specializing in government relations, is seeking a creative communications professional to assist with client communications needs including media relations and strategy, public relations, and messaging. The position will require extensive writing and editing to both inform and advocate.
- Assist in developing and implementing communications strategies for our firm and clients that include media outreach and social media content creation
- Researching, writing, and editing materials including press releases, social media posts, newsletters, and informational handouts
- Maintaining relationships with Minnesota State Capitol Press Corps and other Minnesota-based media
- Planning and execution of press conferences and other media events
- Assist in the planning, promotion, and execution of client events, lobby days at the Capitol, and client conferences
- Supporting the work of the government relations team at the Minnesota Capitol
- Bachelor’s degree or previous experience in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Social media experience
- Content writing experience for all media platforms
- Highly computer literate with capability in web design (preferably WordPress), MS Office, Adobe Suite, and related tools
- Graphic design skills (Preferred)
- Interest in state and local politics
Position will include some in-state travel and occasional irregular and evening hours.
Flaherty & Hood, P.A. offers competitive compensation, benefits and an excellent work environment. Salary determination will be based on qualifications and experience. Deadline to apply is March 4, 2022. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Bradley Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.